FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding After 5/1/2021
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:01 am
exwannabe

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by kop84
This might not be the most popular opinion here, but I spend enough time on planes that I'm fine boarding near the end. If it means occasionally gate checking my bag, so be it. I think of it this way, as a seasoned traveler, I know much more what to do if the airline loses my bag than some rube who this is their first flight in 5-6 years. Plus if done right boarding back to front is more efficient, and with the newer planes and the larger bins it's less of an issue.
To counter. I frequently fly on the 757 and my favorite seat is 19A. This has no overhead bin and no seat in front to place bags. If I was to board last I would have no chance at all for bin space (when flights are back at capacity).

Yes, this is a case of me wanting what is best for myself, I acknowledge that. But more generally, with the present rules all of C+ would be hit or miss on being able to find bin space.

And that misses another point, typically DL would halt bringing on of rollers before the flight was completely full. Now, they either can not do that (which slows things down a lot), or it will be almost all C+, who are mainly elites, being hit by it.