FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Apr 20, 2021, 9:01 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I have actually managed to switch my flight to BA when the new schedules were released. I have managed to bag rewards in J on the way out and suffering Y on the return, unless some availability pops up. I was able to get a cash refund on my BA positioning flights to FCO and will convert my QR ticket to a voucher. So for the first time I am confident of being able to travel. As you mention, I think your situation is tricky. Will QR move from red to green? As you say, unlikely.

My BA direct flight is going out a day earlier, so as you can see from my comments up thread, my current issue is persuading the hotel to accept my 'Be my Guest certificate' for an additional night.

Reaching out for advise on this thread. If I don't have any joy with getting them to accept the voucher, can anyone suggest a hotel for the first night. I see the SaII from Hilton but my understanding is that as this is on another island it would require a further PCR test ?
This was the issue I had. The WA want a new PCR if you're transferring from another resort so one night wouldn't work. I could switch to BA as I have GGL Jokers to open up the business class, but with it being only on fixed days that isn't ideal either.

I reckon we'll end up binning this trip entirely and booking one of the absolutely daft travel agent rates somewhere (or even at the WA - was quoted $8k for 7 nights half board from a Maldivian TA recently in a Reef Villa) but later in the year.