FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If seven or more years has passed, can get an initial spend bonus again?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:14 pm
xooz

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yes, though why you would sock drawer cards with substantial annual fees is completely puzzling to me (and the bonuses on the no annual fee cards, save for perhaps the AMEX Hilton, are pretty "meh"- 10,000 MR points or DL miles isn't an amazing amount to play a churn game for).

I mean... maybe the AMEX Hilton Surpass if you MUST have Hilton Gold... except the Surpass earns really well for Hilton stays, and if you're not staying at Hiltons/using the card to pay for stays, why do you need the status?
A card with $95 fee and a free medium category night (like Surpass) might be a candidate to keep... or dump. This just adds another calculation if one has the attention span to play it out. The NPV of 130K bonus points 7 years from now is beyond me, but I did cancel my Surpass 3 years ago so maybe if I can hold this thought 4 more years I might remember I can re-up and get sign up points.

And FYI.. I got 100K HH points as a signup for the base (free) HH Amex card in January.