FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding After 5/1/2021
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:10 pm
DCAproducer

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Boarding After 5/1/2021

Delta has been boarding from the back of the aircraft during COVID with two exceptions, pre-boarding and D1/First Class/Diamonds. As a PM, who has been in C+ on about half of my flights recently I’ve noticed two things..

1. No gate agents call the C+ rows. They’re all just part of the final boarding call.
2. I’ve been the last one boarding a few times, and enter the plane to find it mostly full already.

With middle seats blocked this hasn’t been too big of a deal getting overhead bin space, but once they go back to filling all seats, will they bring back C+ and/or SkyPriority boarding? This will definitely start to be an issue as planes fill up again and FA’s aren’t doing anything to reserve the F and C+ bins for passengers in those cabins.

I had to travel for work last week to SEA and got half of the F upgrades, but on all of my flights most of the available seats were taken. (Minus seat blocking) I have three trips coming up in May and I think the boarding situation is going to get dicey for bin space.

Any thoughts or rumblings on when DL revised the boarding procedure?