FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels near Chicago O'Hare international airport
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:55 pm
MADPhil

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 8mh
Just booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites O'Hare based on it being (i) almost new and (ii) dirt-cheap on points.

Arriving in ORD terminal 5 at like 9 PM after a long flight from Europe. Just want to get some sleep at an airport hotel before going to the city the next day.

Question: The hotel has suspended its shuttle service. Only after booking, I noticed a review of the property on Google which claims a taxi to the hotel is like $30 and an Uber $50+. Is that true? If so, I might as well book myself a nicer hotel with free shuttle service using the cab fare saved....
I used a cab off the line when I was going from T5 to the Hilton with a broken arm a couple of years back and the fare was not much less than that before tip. The driver was not well pleased since they have a long wait on line to pick people up, though I believe they get a chit to skip the line on a short fare. I would assume that a pre-arranged ride can skip the line