FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels near Chicago O'Hare international airport
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:57 am
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by 8mh
Just booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites O'Hare based on it being (i) almost new and (ii) dirt-cheap on points.

Arriving in ORD terminal 5 at like 9 PM after a long flight from Europe. Just want to get some sleep at an airport hotel before going to the city the next day.

Question: The hotel has suspended its shuttle service. Only after booking, I noticed a review of the property on Google which claims a taxi to the hotel is like $30 and an Uber $50+. Is that true? If so, I might as well book myself a nicer hotel with free shuttle service using the cab fare saved....
I would do a prearranged ride with a local cab company. I always use American Taxi as they have a fixed rate of ORD to Des Plaines at $18 (plus tip). Professional drivers, clean and well maintained cabs, on time service.

If you install their mobile app, you can manage your reservation as you arrive and they will use it to let you know where to go for your pickup.