FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofia B2B
Thread: Sofia B2B
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:10 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I know that it's theoretically possible for somebody to be so desperate for BA TPs that they will start in a third country and connect via LHR to SOF only to turn around and go back to LHR. But it would be crazy in normal times, especially for an ex-SOF USA run...

Positioning flights should be direct from where you are to where you need to be, whether that's on FR, U2, W6 or any other airline. The added "safety" of doing a B2B on BA is completely lost if you are connecting instead of just starting your day in London...
All well and good to say, but it doesn't take into account the reality of the situation. I going via SOF for a US trip in January. Ryanair fly direct to Sofia, but both the schedule and flight times don't work to connect to the BA flight from SOF-LHR. Therefore, in my case, I have to connect, and since I have to connect, I am doing it with BA.

Only point in favour is that I have to overnight in London on the way out to get the LHR-SOF, which will then connect with my internatonal SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX itinerary. Needless to say. I've done the full dance at the end of the trip and hated it, so this time the way back is LAX-BOS-LHR-DUB (rather than LAX-BOS-LHR-SOF-LHR-DUB).

Now all we need to know is if the SOF flight still spits people out at the gate so you can about face and get back on with your hand luggage only and online boarding pass in hand.