FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA COVID19 precautions: **REQUIRING** mask usage per CDC/DoT
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:34 pm
tcp1

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
+1. On my last flight, the purser went on a 5 minute rant on how to take a bite of food, replace your mask, remove your mask, take another bite or a drink and replace your mask...rinse and repeat. No exaggeration, this went on for 5 minutes about the requirements for COVID-safe eating and drinking, and that it was supposedly, "law". Anyone who failed to comply, according to this Joe Pantoliano-like wannabe comedian, would be permanently banned from flying on the best airline in the skies.
Yeah, they were even announcing the “between bites and sips” ridiculousness over the PA in the IAD clubs last week. As an aside, I find it totally insane. They weren’t enforcing or even mentioning that on early COVID flights, but to pretend it does anything more than make eating or drinking a frustrating dance is ridiculous. I thought most FAs were reasonable about it, but you really had one who expected everyone to do the “bites and sips” routine lest they witness his “authority”? I do my best, but if everyone truly did that meal service would take 90 minutes.

This is getting to be a bit much. I wonder if I’ll soon be able to staple my vaccine card to my forehead and get exempted?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 17, 2021 at 8:37 pm Reason: split post