FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAG signs LOI for 200 737MAX - some for BA LGW
Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:43 pm
SHT88T

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by opus99
let us also be aware of the timing of this. This problem was birthed just after the second crash, so it’s not just occurring now. Boeing is only just discovering it now because of the changes they have made to reviews and quality control.
How many more defects are there that remain undiscovered and how many of those may also be fatal? It has been well documented how corners we cut in trying to rush this aircraft to the market. Given the state of the original program it is almost guaranteed there will be a ‘next’ problem.

The result of that rush is also well documented with over 300 people losing their lives and further issues being discovered since then.

Personally I have lost confidence in Boeing as a manufacturer and I find it very hard at this point in time to determine how long it will be before I feel confident to fly on a 737Max. I doubt I’m alone in that view.

I guess from IAG/BA perspective they’ll be hoping for some years of clean service by the time any firmed up MAX’s arrive.