FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:27 am
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Charlie9
So, some interesting observations over the last few days re: points redemptions. A few days ago, March went from premium only awards to "sold out". Stayed like that for a few days. Then today, they are back with March and only premium awards.

BUT, all the premium awards seemingly doubled in points price. Now all I see is rooms available for over 900K points per night (again, premium) with some dates over 1 million. What does it mean? No idea. But I will admit after Southwest's overnight devaluation yesterday, I am a little spooked/worried.
I've been checking often as well for January to March. Never noticed that any dates were sold out but perhaps it was just for a short time while they made their update. January and February went from being 799k to 1m for every single night while cash rate remained static. March went to 901k (was 701k) and 1m (was 799k) with 3 weekend nights being 704k (was 548k).

One would hope that their update would have been to make standard awards available and not to make their premium awards even more ridiculously priced. Its very discouraging .