FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Card: 12 Months of Eats Pass for Free
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:44 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I've tried all my Amex cards and none of them work any longer. I'm out of the country it was working perfectly and then last month it stopped. Well, at least it worked for a little while. I just pay for an UberPass here and it gives free delivery on UberEats and Cornershop. So, not that bad overall. I'll be back in the US in a few months and I'll see if it starts working there.
they clearly just rolled out this stupid silent update to limit benefit scope w/ the marriott pts promo. looks like you have to use a US plat/gold/green within the US for it to work. still asking around for more tests, but looks like its still being rolled out. not sure of the criteria. but like you said, now we need to get our own independent eatspass because any bank sponsored passes will now require the use of their cards.

EDIT:
here are the terms for location:
"Offer available on Uber Eats Pass Subscriptions in the U.S., except in Northern Mariana, American Samoa, Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands, for eligible deliveries in U.S. cities where Uber Eats is available"

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Huh. You're right. I used this yesterday, no problem. I just did a dummy order, and when I got to checkout there was a green box that said, "Use eligible Amex card to receive EatsPass benefits on this order." They didn't bother giving us any warning of that, did they?
exactly. same here. you cant even do the paypal linked with amex plat for the UEP to work. it doesnt recognize the CC linked to paypal for obvious reasons. so you have to use amex plat directly to buy food at 1x unless its gold/green. cant even use other amex CCs. yea right. pass. now the UEP is useless to me. i value other pts more than the 5% cash discount.

EDIT: actually, i guess using amex gold at 4x food is pretty good.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Apr 15, 2021 at 2:07 am