FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 5:03 pm
RedChili

Originally Posted by hnussbacher
I've visited Israel more than 40 times, and I've even been a tour leader for a few smaller groups. But I'm sorry to say that with these rules, you can forget about incoming tourism. The demands are simply too restrictive: 1) Vaccine. 2) Being part of a group. 3) PCR test before boarding. 4) PCR test on arrival. 5) Serological test on arrival.

You also have to add the general problems of tourism in the covid world, such as: 1) Widespread unemployment among prospective travelers. 2) Widespread cancellations of flights. 3) Invalid travel insurances. 4) Ever changing transfer and entry rules. 5) The prospect of a quarantine when returning home. 6) The discomfort of traveling with a face mask. 7) The possibility of needing a new PCR test for your flight back home.

All taken together, I believe you'll be able to count on one hand the number of tourist groups that will visit. It reminds me of how Thailand "opened" up for tourism a few months ago.

Unfortunately, it's two years since I was in Israel, and I'd love to bring my family there again, even this summer. But under the circumstances, I'd rather choose Croatia, Turkey, Dubai, Mexico or some other country where I can enter quite freely and rent a car. I really hope that Israel will open for real before the summer of 2022. I know a lot of others that want to visit, too, but not under these circumstances.