FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Dragon at SFO (refused guesting a traveler to save them from buying UC access)
Old Apr 13, 2021, 5:38 am
JamesLoughney

Programs: Delta; BA; Marriott; Hilton; Best Western; Emirates
Good point, which I interpret as meaning that old ladies should not be stereotyped as dependant, broke, needing knights in shining armour etc. On the other hand, it is equally stereotyping to assume that a youngster on spring-break would be after free alcohol, and seats to put their feet up on. Or - here I go - one ought not assume that all old ladies, wheelchair bound or not, are nice people, worthy of generosity, and unlikely to drink to the point of losing control, cause a ruckus stuff their purses with free snacks etc once let loose in the Lounge. They may also be financially well able to pay any admission charge.
Instinctively I think there is a security issue at Airports about people being where they should not otherwise be; also I would personally have no interest in assuming any level of responsibility for a stranger's behaviour, in a place where free booze is to be had.