FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:31 am
Treyzian

We’re currently at Conrad in GWV w/ pool 417 for 5 nights (upgraded due to OWV renovations). Our first two nights were in OWV 330 and our final night is in a BV and none of those nights were upgraded (kind of expected). 417 is pretty standard with the other info posted, although there are a few things in the room that stood out:

— The toilet is not secured in any way. Shifting your weight slightly while sitting will move the toilet. It doesn’t leak water though.

Brought it up to the operator since we couldn’t reach our dedicated agent and they mentioned they’ll send somebody to come take a look at it, but I don’t think they have.

— The drain in the tub doesn’t shut.

— The WiFi in the bedroom is VERY spotty, borderline unusable.

— There are some signs of wear like scuffed floors and cracks in the tables, but otherwise everything is in decent condition.

— The deck isn’t as private as 421, but it’s still fairly blocked off.

Picture from the pool:

General resort:

The staff here is amazing. Everyone has been helpful and kind. I remember reading and hearing some recent gripes about high pressure sales, and nothing has felt that way on our trip. The only thing that’s a little weird is some restaurants are charging $15++ per person for bottled Voss water while others provide it for free.

The breakfast buffets at both Vilu and UFAA have similar offerings, while Vilu has better a la carte offerings. We encountered a rude/loud family at breakfast making a scene and insisting on reparations for an overcooked pancake. The berated server/staff ended up offering them what sounded like free dinner.

The excursions are one of the highlights in my opinion. They’re relatively low density (~4-6 people) compared to other boats that we’re passing out in the water (~10-20 people). Emma and the team are amazing and helpful, and we did see turtles, whale sharks, and mantas.

Last edited by Treyzian; Apr 13, 2021 at 12:59 am