FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS' Membership in the oneworld Alliance - Benefits, Policies and Problems
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:00 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Is AS like some of the other airlines' websites in which you can add the profiles of other people (like family and other people you buy tickets for) as well as yourself? If so, I take it that one can add an additional profile for oneself and insert their AA elite FF number in it. And solve the problem one poster was complaining about OW not being as universal in its elite benefits as he wants it to be.
Yes, you can have multiple profiles. The primary account holder is "Myself" in the drop-down list of profiles. "Myself" doesn't have to be the first Passenger either. If you are using a companion certificate, you can make anyone else the "Primary" and add "Myself" as the secondary.

On the Account page (full website) at the bottom of the left column, click on "Personal info and companions" under the "Profile and Setting" header. You can add a companion there. That companion can be a "spitting image" of yourself sporting a different FF#.

But that isn't necessary for revenue tickets since you can change programs, on the fly, or have multiple Mileage Programs attached to your "Myself" profile. You can also disassociate a program and leave the FF# blank.

For AS award redemptions, you can't change the program from Mileage Plan, but using the "spitting image" method mentioned above (easier than entering your information each time) or entering a "New Passenger" during the booking process will allow you to leave the MP account number blank.

On the fly:

During the booking process when you get to "Checkout: Passenger information" it should be pre-populated with your "Myself" account information. To the right, the "Mileage program and number" will have your Alaska Airlines & Account number populated by default. It is a drop-down list. If you don't want to have any program associated to the itinerary, click to drop-down and select "None" from the list.

Just below that, there is a link "Add mileage program." Click, select the program & add your account number. Once saved, "Mileage program and number" with the new program will be selected. You can drop-down to select other programs or None.

Saving multiple programs to your "Myprofile"

To save your other programs to your profile for easy one-click access during booking. On the Account page (full website) at the bottom of the left column, click on "Programs" under the "Profile and Setting" header. In the right column, expand "Programs." Click +Add a partner number, select your Partner airline & add your Partner Loyalty Number, then click Save.

Now during checkout, you can quickly choose whichever program you want.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Apr 12, 2021 at 2:10 am