FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:02 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi.

I suspect I may know what will happen to my status in the scenario below, but I'm definitely not sure, so some assistance would be great.

​​​​​​I'm currently Gold. My card is valid until Aug 22 (I'm assuming 31 Aug?).

For various reasons I will definitely not reach the reduced Gold TP threshold of 1125 by my year end of Jul 22, so I have a few questions.

When the Jul 21-22 TP collection year ends, do I soft land to Silver regardless of the amount of TP's I earn. Let's assume I don't fly at all next year, so gain zero TP prior to the year end of Jul 22.

Also, regardless of TP's having been earned or not by that date, will my current Gold status run out 31 Aug 22 when my card expires? I have one trip mid Aug 22 that probably will be possible, so I'm hoping I gain some benefits after all this time!

Thanks for your help.
so if you don’t earn sufficient TPs from 9 July 2021 to 8 July 2022, as things currently stand you will go from gold to silver even if you don’t fly at all after card expiry which is 31 August 2022. You will keep getting all gold benefits until the last day of your card.