FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is the Best Credit Card from India for *A travellers?
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:09 pm
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by rburner3
Keyser/All,

I am trying to open an India bank account or get a local India card (Prepaid or Credit) so that I can make online purchases in India for services such as Swiggy, Supr Daily, etc. Many vendors do not accept my intl cards, so I am looking to get a local India card. Do you have any experience with this? Is there a bank or card that is available for foreign nationals? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Do you have a PAN card? That is mandatory for getting a credit card in India. While I'm not sure, I think it's highly improbably that that is waived for foreign nationals.

Once you have a PAN and you're looking at collecting *A miles... your options are Citi Prestige, Citi Premier Miles and HDFC Diners Cards and Amex. Citi & Amex has a wider set of *A and non *A partners and different earning rates depending on the card variants. DC only credits to SQ but they have a some great accelerated rewards.