FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Kauai REVIEW- MASTER THREAD - mid-2011 Forward
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:33 pm
ryandc99
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
I get your point and do not disagree, but still want the club(s) back.

Like virtually every other US club, evenings have become a salad and appetizer prequel before they hope you hit a hotel restaurant--but no fast-casual venue offered on property. I really don't want Tidepools every evening, either in terms of calories or formality. Part of the appeal as a repeat visitor, especially on Kauai, is interaction with the host staff, the afternoon refreshments, and dessert--and dessert might have slipped from what it once was. For those of us who once had to live in hotels to feed our families, well-functioning clubs were a lifeline (even if I'm glad those days are in the past for me) that still have a bit of pleasant nostalgia to them.

From what I hear about Hawaii bookings, it would seem the clubs will be back by early summer. I hear Kauai is OK with that, but some other islands are all but digging up the runways.

I would really hope the clubs come back! That would be wonderful.