FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA COVID19 precautions: **REQUIRING** mask usage per CDC/DoT
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:15 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Economy or First Class?

(Did not see this discussed elsewhere, booking info from UA Flight Status pages) 2-3 hour domestic morning flight in 1-2 days, minimally booked, only 8 of 56 economy plus seats reserved thus a dozen completely empty groups of 3 seats. I’m first on the upgrade list with 7 booked 1st class seats out of 16 total 1st class seats. I’ve got my preferred economy emergency exit window seat reserved, with the other 2 seats empty, completely empty row in front of my row and 1 aisle seat filled in row behind me. Inflight amenities: United First: Snack, United Economy: Meals are not offered for this flight. I’m a light drinker, will not drink alcohol on this flight, vaccinated 6 weeks ago.

Question: presuming I’m offered or changed to 1st class, with the adjacent seat occupied, and my row still showing 2 adjacent seats empty, should I accept the (complimentary premier) upgrade? Does the current COVID situation affect the decision and if so, how? Should I call and request to be removed from the upgrade list?

Thank you.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 10, 2021 at 2:54 pm Reason: Moved to thread where issue has been discussed regularily