FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:16 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by evergrn
Thanks, The _Banking_Scot

Good to know that Hilton Gaslamp is a nice hotel.
But maybe downtown is not the best for us.
I don't know what downtown San Diego is like, but I sort of imagined the waterfront area to be resort-like atmosphere and nice for a stroll. I don't know if that's accurate. Beach is our main agenda and I realize there's no beach within walking distance of downtown, but I was just thinking we'd try a different area this time than La Jolla. I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt there ~10yrs ago but I was there for a conference and never left the hotel. I know we would not be interested in aircraft carrier or museum.
Hi,

The waterfront around the Seaport village is nice for a stroll, with the marina beside it and the North and South embarcardero park offering green spaces and did like strolling at sunset with the reflections coming off the Marriot Marquis so it is nice for an afternoon day out. but for a bech Lajolla/Del mar might be better. Mission bay might have more resort style hotels ( but no hiltons- there is a Hyatt regency ). The Hilton San Diego airport/harbour island is close by but the pool looks small.

Regards

TBS