FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HR John Wayne Airport (SNA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:36 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jn in ca
The rooms are small because this hotel was converted from a Radisson. I've stayed on both sides of the hotel and I actually like the rooms on the airport side and watching the planes. The other side is a view of the roof of a Staples, so, pretty bad.

I really liked the breakfast a lot, but honestly, the real draw of the hotel is its location next to the airport. If you don't need to be next to the airport then I think the HH up the street is a better deal. It has newer, nicer, larger rooms, but of course a HH breakfast doesn't compare to a HR breakfast.
A couple notes -

I feel like a standard feature of Hyatt Regency properties is having plentiful suites (most often Junior Suites) available.

So with this property having exactly 0 Standard Suites/Junior Suites on property it’s really missing the mark in that regard. Not only that but with the really small rooms it’s just hard to feel comfortable at this property, despite the rooms looking more modern.

Breakfast was just average, if I’m being honest I’ve had better at a few Hyatt Houses, not all though. The nearby Hyatt Regency Orange County also has a better Breakfast IMHO. HR SNA doesn’t have a horrible breakfast but definitely nothing to write home about for me.

With it now being a Cat 3 with Cash Rates never under $100 nightly I just don’t see this property as viable for the average person for the quality provided. Great if your company is footing the Bill, otherwise I’d Stat at HR OC (frequently has sub $100 rates or HH SNA Category 2 for points redemption stays).

Lastly -

The Front Desk staff were not very friendly or outgoing in comparison to other HR’s so that’s a minus for us as well.

That’s just my take.