FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:56 am
jbandy10

Kind of sad to see this thread not getting much love, but I guess the pandemic will have that effect. Hopefully this property will get some more legs in it come Summer?

I stayed here on my honeymoon just before the SPG merger finished up.
  • Initial impressions were mixed. We checked our luggage at 1:00PM and went walking around the city while we waited for our room. Admittedly, we looked pretty rough after the red eye from ATL. At 4:00 PM, we returned. Still no room. We were lowly Marriott Silver at the time, so of course, it was a basic room, and we were very tired and wondered why they didn't have anything. They graciously offered complimentary high tea in the restaurant. To be honest, we weren't very hungry, but it was a tremendous gesture. A+ recovery.
  • The basic room was good, if a bit cramped. No real complaints. We stayed at the St. Ermin's later, and I assure you, the Park Lane is a finer property all around.
  • The pool is indeed wonderful.
  • This property feels like it skirts the line between boutique and large luxury hotel. It "feels" smaller than say, the W or the St. Pancras. The check in felt very boutique. They sit you down and serve you juice...etc...
  • We chose it mainly due to location. Back then just 2 years ago, the selection of properties was TINY compared to what shows up now. The hotel is SMACK on top of a major tube station, which was amazing. The area surrounding is quite safe. The Pret across the street is good for a quick snack when you exit the tube. This is possibly the most convenient location for a 5 star property in the city, dare I say.
  • Pick the property that suits your needs. There is nothing about this hotel that screams "stay here!" over the other 7 five star options. It was a good stay.

Last edited by jbandy10; Apr 9, 2021 at 8:01 am