FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:18 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi evergrn

Although the gaslamp Hilton is nice the views are not that great(maybe better in the main building as I was in the rear building) as it is across the road and trolley line from the convention centre and the pool is small. The location in the gaslamp area is good. The bayfront would have good views potentially esp on higher floors and the pool looks better although not as large as resort pools
Both hotels have access to the promenade and you can walk or cycle to seaport village and the midway aircraft carrier and maritime museum

Have not been post covid but as a hh gold at the time I got a free continental breakfast at the gaslamp with a 10$ surcharge for hot items but the continental was pretty good iirc. Hotel was in good condition and no complaints about the noise .one hotel across the street seemed to have a rooftop pool party on sat evening but did not hear it from my room

I would think that the bayfront and gaslamp are ideal for urban exploration they are probably not the best for pure r&r
Regards
tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 9, 2021 at 3:52 am