FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SJ (Swedish train company) Prio program
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:09 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Im a new user
At least in the past, SJ Prio accounts were automatically deleted if not used for three years (possibly a different number of years).

Last time I booked a redemption, I had to prove my identity using Bank-id. I don't know how SJ solves this problem if the account holder doesn't have a personal number.
And not everyone with a personal number has Bank-ID or any of those other "e-"ID things. Maybe they stop in in-person at an SJ office/counter/lounge (as appropriate per where they are or ticket type) and use a passport or Skatteverket ID to try to get the account access?

At least last a couple of years ago, some people without BANK-ID/MobileID/whatever could use the SJ Prio accounts to use SJ points for train travel without any e-ID-type steps. Not sure how it was done, but I saw the results and confirmed that none of those ID things were required for at least some SJ points redemption.

SJ Prio points still expire pretty quickly IIRC. I don't know if there was any way to extend the point expiration dates for a sets of points expiring before more recently collected points expire, but it seemed to me that there wouldn't be any value in even many a 5-year old SJ account because of how SJ points seemed to expire.