FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any potential they extend status again in '21?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 2:44 pm
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I am not counting on extension of benefits. We are LTP so not such a big deal. We are buying up to F when we fly, and flying AA and UA. I can say with certainty that academic medicine is being very restrictive on domestic and international business travel which is where we made EXP. This week I got the rules for international business travel. If you have to go, when you come back you must quarantine for 10 days no matter if you test negative, take your temperature twice a day, record any symptoms, all on a spreadsheet and must turn this in for approval before you can go back to work. Vaccine or no vaccine, but the theory is that all providers have had the vax. Nobody likes the virtual academic meetings, but physicians don't get to decide if they can go to a meeting. Administrators do. And with hospital revenue down they are very unlikely to approve any travel unless you make a compelling case. I do have my first TPAC flight in November if Taiwan opens up and China doesn't attack.