FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any potential they extend status again in '21?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:26 pm
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lunchtime
I don't think most airlines are going to extended status again. The real reason is that the business traveler of 2019 will not reflect the business traveler of 2022. People who spent a ton on leisure travel will earn it again or essential business travel that never stopped will earn it again anyway. I think some people on here want it to get extended again, because they know they wont requalify, but that doesn't mean much.
I agree with most of your points. I also think that AA will be reluctant to move the goal-posts mid year with overall bookings on the rise. However, the one thing I could see AA doing is to attempt to incentivize travel later this year after the peak summer travel season ends. Maybe through bonus EQM/EQD, or potentially through another round of rollover EQM/EQD. And yes, I do think that this summer will be a peak in terms of flight bookings, with a reduction in Fall linked to schools re-opening.