FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS' Membership in the oneworld Alliance - Benefits, Policies and Problems
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:43 am
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
booked a BA award today using AS miles (75k/emerald here). When I looked up the reservation on BA.com, I wasn't able to select seats for free. What I did was, select manage booking and I added my AS number manually, did all this through the BA app. Once I saved that, I went back to seatmap and was able to select seats for free.

have you tried adding your As number in the reservation through the BA site/app?
has anyone successfully gone this with an AA award using AS miles, either by the AA or AY websites/apps?

ETA -
1) cannot change FF# in AY site. Maybe will work later on if AY has to do some programming to recognize AS ticketed flights
2) cannot change in AA app or Website
3) additional problem: Trusted Traveler number not passed for companion even though it's in her AS profile. Mine was there (miles out of my account).

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 6, 2021 at 1:40 pm