FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Beekman, a Thompson Hotel REVIEW THREAD
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:08 pm
ryandc99
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
There are no reviews that I could find on the Beekman hotel downtown on this site so I thought I'd start one. When we heard that there was no trick or treating this year in my area of Manhattan I thought we'd try and make the best of a bad situation and stay downtown at the Beekman since the hotel looked a little spooky. (in a good way!) Also this property was named New York's top rated hotel back in 2018 by US News & World Reports so we really looked forward to spending Halloween weekend down there.

The hotel is dark but very beautiful, the staff was excellent during our stay. I checked in as a Globalist and was upgraded from a 1 bedroom suite to a 1 bedroom corner suite which is about a 125 square feet larger than the normal suite. It came out to a $150 savings on a suite that was already discounted 40% which was nice. Normally the 1 bedroom corner suite goes for around $950 a night all in during the fall. Here are some photos of the property and restaurant (Temple Bar).......

Front desk

Lobby seating

The Concierge desk which was unattended while we were there.

This is the Temple Bar it's a beautiful, comfortable setting. We did not like the attitude of the manager the night we had drinks there but the breakfast each morning was good. It is a Tom Colicchio owned restaurant.

One of the other main highlights of the Temple bar area is the skylight that you can look up at while seated.

That is the view looking down to Temple Bar from the hallway to our room, pretty cool!

Here are a couple of photos from inside the room. It was very clean and immaculately decorated we really liked the interior design.

The hotel is pet friendly.

Our dog Bella loved the Beekman although I think she hated her Halloween costume!

The only drawback is that the room was a little dark. The hotel is surrounded by buildings so you don't get any great views.

The bathroom was the highlight of the room, its large and done in white marble.

The bedroom was dark as well, that is a picture of the little seating area in the corner across from the bed. I must say that the bed was very comfortable we slept really well each night. Breakfast both mornings was delivered within 20 minutes or so of our order so no complaints there. The bills which were fully comped came out to $130 per day so it's nice being a Globalist at this property. The menu was limited but the food was very good as I mentioned earlier.

Downtown is not always the most convenient place to stay while in Manhattan but this hotel is right near lots of restaurants, bars, and shopping. There is a liquor store and CVS across the street. The Freedom tower and the World Trade Center Memorial are right around the corner.

In any event I hope you find the quick review and photos helpful. We had an excellent time downtown at the Beekman, I'd highly recommend a stay there next time your in town. The property, cleanliness, and service at the hotel are outstanding. We felt safe the whole time.
Question for you - you mentioned breakfast every morning - can you provide more details? I assume they still had some decent offerings for you ? Even during COVID?