FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deep redemption discounts in some locations & dynamic award pricing
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:41 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If this is intended as implemented right now then either there are factors featuring into the equation that we don't know (e.g. more sophisticated then thought factoring things like occupancy levels, forecast etc.) OR IHG is even more incompetent than I thought was possible.

I'm on the fence here which one it is when looking at examples like the one below, IC Davos is 79k IHG points for a weekend night with a paid rate of ~500 CHF and then a few weeks later it costs 50k points when the same type of paid rate is ~1,300 CHF. Hmm, floating with paid rates you say, surely seems to be working perfectly, but this way I don't mind of course.

Call me cynical, but I really think they are just issuing a statement that all is well and working as intended while actually having no clue yet if that is really the case or if there are things that don't work as it should.

Ohh and if IHG decides to abolish max points caps for chains then it would be nice if they could manage to communicate that more clearly to their rewards (not loyalty, that one is dead) program members. IIRC, they never went on record to state that with dynamic pricing the max caps would be abolished.
​​​​

Last edited by demue; Apr 5, 2021 at 9:02 am