FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:24 am
Troopers

Originally Posted by synergistic
Spectacular experience here last night - upgraded to a Grand Suite before we even arrived. It wasn't ready so we left our bags, and the gentleman at the front desk said he'd call when it was clean. The guests from the night before elected to take their 4p checkout, so the desk called with apologies and offered a $50 credit for the wait. Completely unnecessary - the suite was amazing and well worth the wait - but very much appreciated.

Breakfast was easy - they wiped the whole bill, no questions asked. I think there was a small credit from the $50 left, and they applied it to our stay. Cannot say enough good things about this place, especially Emanuel at the front desk and Ed at the bar. I know this experience won't be typical, but it was a heck of an introduction to Hyatt leisure travel. No regrets whatsoever about making the leap.
I just checked out after a 3 night stay, and also had a wonderful stay. My herd of 9 stayed in 3 rooms, all booked under by name as a Globalists. As I requested and confirmed prior to check-in, two rooms connected, and the third room was 2 doors down. Rooms were on the grand level, 12th floor.

All 3 rooms were given complementary breakfast downstairs. No max $ per person. Tip was also taken off. Sit down dining was available over the weekend but to-go only this morning (was told due to the occupancy level). Last night, we ordered breakfast to-go as we needed to leave at 7:15 to catch the Amtrak. Only food for one room was ready so we left without food for the other two rooms. The restaurant staff was very apologetic about it and gave us fresh cut fruit.

Lounge was closed over the weekend. At check-in, my room was given $50 credit to offset the lounge closure. Awesome gesture. The lounge reopened at 6am this morning, limited to 10 persons max. Coffee, drinks, cereal, fruits, nuts, etc were available for self service. I was told there would be pastries but wasn’t there when we left. No attendee there at 7am. We grabbed a few coffees and juices.

Although we didn’t get the breakfast we ordered, it didn’t bother us at all. We were gracious that breakfast was extended to all 3 rooms.

Overall, a very wonderful stay. Thumbs up to Emanuel and Rachel at the front desk. They acknowledged us as we went in/out of hotel, provided bottles of water, and seemed genuine to ensure we had a pleasant stay.

As I type this, I just received an email from the property apologizing for the lounge and bfast this morning. They proactively gave me 10k points for the mis-service. Wow, wasn’t expecting that at all.

They earned my stays in DC.