FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Run to New York
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:42 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by tom911
OK, I can see that makes sense, but then another poster says this:

Surely NY state had addressed this in writing somewhere over the last few months. Anyone seen anything official on the connecting flight policy?
I don't see how you can be expected to fill out the form if NY is not your final destination

According to the NYS traveler health page:
All travelers entering New York from a state that is not a contiguous state who have been outside of New York for more than 24 hours must complete the Traveler Health Form. Contiguous states to New York are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont.
If you do not leave the airport, it could be said you have not technically entered NY state.

I did a dummy traveler health form and used Terminal 7 as the destination address, and even said I was not vaccinated, and got a green checkmark. They recommended quarantining, but it is not required. I would not want to spend more than a few hours in T7 if I could avoid it, let alone 10-14 days There is no place on the form to say you are immediately connecting back out. Therefore, I am led to believe it is not required for connecting passengers.

My advice would be to not do the form. If you arrive and someone demand you fill it out, it only takes a couple of minutes.

-J.