FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's More Fun and Comfortable in the Philippines (CX 351 & 333 J) Mini-Trip Report
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:34 pm
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

Touchdown at 11:18am

Breaking on Runway 6

MF 8667

Why Xiamen Air thought it was a good idea to leave an airplane carcass in plain view is beyond me?!?
😱😱😱

Peeling off Runway 6

Philippines Airlines Hub at Terminal 2

And Turning into Terminal 3

Finally on chock at 11:24am.
Welcome to Hot and Stinky Hectic Manila 🥵🥵

Cathay Pacific Airways Airbus 350-1000 Quick Business Class Review
Check-In – 6am at the HKG Cathay Pacific Check-in is 99.99% Guaranteed No-Wait 😀

Security – Likewise a World of Bliss at this Early Hour as well 😀

Lounge (CX First) – My Home Away From Home 😍😍

Boarding – A Very Calm Boarding Gate despite the “Rolling the Cabin Forward” Situation.
#1 in the CX Diamond/OW Emerald line doesn't hurt either for photos 😁😁

Cabin Ambiance – Biggest Difference between CX 350-900 and 350-1000 is the Cabin Layout.
The 359 has 38J seats in 2 Sections, 30 Seats in the Front and a 8 Seat Mini-J Section.
351 however has all 46J Seats in 1 Huge Section between Door 1 and Door 2.

Seat – With 1-2-1 Configuration now the Golden Standard of Long Haul Business Class, it was hard to imagine how this Enhanced Cirrus Herringbone Seat designed by Studio F.A. Porsche managed to improve upon the original Cirrus Herringbone seat.
Netted Pocket inside the small cabinet is great for things like phones or small chargers.
The Padded Side Panels and Padded Side Cabinet definitely gives a sleeker and cosier feel then the previous version when the seat is fully flat.

Do look out for Teething/Wear-N-Tear Troubles with this seat, I've definitely had broken this and broken that on this seat in the 359 before. 😞

Food – Is it just me or do most Airplane Breakfast just suck? 😒😒😒
How I long for Pork Congee with Preserved Century Egg and a Side of Stir Fry Vermicelli? 😢
Will also settle for Nasi Lemak 🙏

Entertainment – Unlike the 77W, the 351 handles the newer CX Studio interface very smoothly.
No more of the frozen screen feel and the Live TV works well also.
And for those that want to work during the Long Haul flight, the 351 has Wifi installed at delivery so work away Worker Bees.
The CX Wifi also works in Mainland China airspace, how secure is your data?
Hmm, Use at your Own Risk 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Crew – 4 Crew Members for a Full House 46 Seater Cabin will likely push the Cabin Crew to the limit.
CX definitely isn't known for fast cabin service. 😑

Overall Impression – All Praise to the Travel God! 🙏🙏
May you bestow Operational Upgrades upon us whenever possible 😁😁

I would be curious to be fly in this cabin a 2nd time for a better feel for things.
46 Seat Business Class Cabin does feel a bit claustrophobic, so would be interested to find out if that is the case on a true Long Haul flight.

Next Part
Part 2 – Hidden Calmness in Metro Manila, Manila Marriott (Resort World)

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Apr 2, 2021 at 4:58 pm