FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One more class ticked off my (revenue) bucket list....
Old Apr 2, 2021, 5:59 am
TheFlyingDoctor

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Ah, well I was actually talking about all the physical classes I've booked as opposed to the individual revenue buckets (that was just an attempt at a clever thread title)... but now you've got me thinking - I've never actually written them down but I have always paid attention to what I've booked because naturally it impacts cost. Some buckets will have been paid for through work and so therefore I might have taken advantage of higher ones on occasion for the higher earning (where nothing else was available, naturally). So this is what I think I've been through with BA:

First - not yet
Business - J, D, C, R, I
Premium Economy - E, T
Economy - Y, B, H, K, L, M, N, V, Q, O, G

So still F, A, W to go - and i can't recall any previous flight that booked into S. I'm positive I've had a G at some point just because it looked unusual at the time.
G class is group bookings (more than nine passengers, so can't quote through normal mechanisms; a tour operator might book you into this even if your own party is smaller), staff 'hotlines', and (I think) some BA Holidays fares.

S class does exist, but is not part of the hierarchy on short haul, so will only come up if there's a longhaul leg involved in the booking, and even then only under certain conditions (so getting an S class shorthaul leg is a more elusive prize than a longhaul one).

Once you complete the basic set, you can start chasing all the dual inventory fares - and now triple inventory too, on shorthaul.