FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What program if not IHG?
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:49 pm
db1234db1234

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Anyway back to you situation, I recommend trying Marriott for a year or two. If you like it, 10 years will be enough to earn lifetime platinum. It is currently the highest lifetime level you can earn. Lifetime titanium was only available for a short period of time when they were merging the Marriott and SPG programs. Lifetime platinum is still enough to get you free lounge access and complimentary breakfast. If you decide to try Marriott, look into if a Marriott credit card is available in your region. I am not well versed in their credit card offerings outside of the US; however, I believe at least some other regions also have one available that gets you some elite night credits per year.

--Jon
Thank you for your insights. Lifetime status is definitely a main goal but I have to balance it out now with family members still with IHG. I may try Marriott out for a year as suggested. Really no harm in losing a few nights with IHG. I probably will still have enough to retain Plat status with rollover nights included for this year.