FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What program if not IHG?
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:56 pm
db1234db1234

What program if not IHG?

I have been primarily with IHG’s program for nearly 20 years. It’s always worked well for the places I travel to for work which is outside of many major cities. I’ve certainly taken advantage of my share of Points Breaks overs the years. Post-Covid, I have a chance to switch jobs that will have me travel to larger cities only. With that, comes the opportunity to explore new rewards programs. My secondary program has been with Best Western. I am currently Spire with IHG. I had Diamond with BW but I think that’s now lowered to Platinum.

With the change in IHG variable redemption points policy, I’m thinking now’s the time to switch allegiances. Points accumulation is important to help pay for personal vacations with a global footprint. I wish IHG had a lifetime member policy. Do any others have one? How long would it take to achieve that? I figure I have about 10 years left of work travel give or take, with about 75-80 paid nights a year not including personal travel. I don’t need room upgrades although I wouldn’t turn one down. Late checkout and early checkin are only useful to me for personal international travel so nice to have but still down the priority list. Because it’s mostly work travel, stuff like free breakfasts and lounge access are also down the list. I guess my main priorities are points accumulation (and corresponding redemption rate % or value), and lifetime membership if possible.

Last edited by db1234db1234; Mar 28, 2021 at 11:02 pm