FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:47 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
/I am furious about May changes. It seems they canceled all the evening flights from Florida to Newark sometime after I went to be last night.. I was thrilled to see after 7pm departures from Florida return. I bought one a couple weeks ago in F. Checked as of last night, and a 759pm MCO EWR was in place in the first week of May .

Today, gone. Last flight 415pm. Cutting flights 5 weeks out is pretty crappy. I prepaid for 2 nights at the Ritz Carlton hoping to use the resort/pool until at least 515pm. Now I have to leave by 2pm to catch the new 415pm departure which is the latest. Seems all Florida evening have been cut. I'll wait until April1, and then probably refund the UA flight, and get JetBlue on their new A321 out of MCO at 745, giving me the day a the pool.

With the huge pick up in Florida traffic, I'm shocked they did this. With is mostly being leisure travel, most people I would guess would prefer later departures to maximize the day. I am now skeptical to book June/July travel. I always take the evening flights out of Florida. Bummed here.
well, that was expected though. There was no cancellation in that sense ... they published the May schedule. Everything to that moment was mostly the original plan pre-pandemic. If you look at June you will see the same once that publishes in a month.
UA is operating just slightly north of 50% of their schedule so it is expected there is significant thinning once the schedule comes out.