FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier involuntarily Denied boarding and denied to compensate
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:53 pm
liddiebird

Frontier involuntarily Denied boarding and denied to compensate

Hi, I've recently had a nightmare of a situation regarding a return flight on frontiere. I dropped my husband off at the airport around 11 am for a 1225 flight. He checked in and at the gate by 1125. He went to use the restroom and came back by 1150 He sat down and waited at the gate and by 12 he noticed that the gate said closed and there was Noone there anymore. He was unable to find anyone who worked for frontiere and he called Me. I immediately called frontiere and after a long wait I was told the plane boarded early and left ahead of time. They told me I could pay 90 dollars for a flight change and I requested to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me there was Noone at the airport for him to talk to but he'd be willing to waive the charge and have my husband on a 6 am flight that leaves the next day and than has an additional 10 hour layover before finally getting to his Destination the next day ( its Sunday currently and the flight got in Tuesday at 2 am.) I told him this wouldn't work and where was my husband supposed to sleep? They told me to have him sleep in the airport. I was transfered to his manager who told me it was my husband's fault for going to the bathroom and proceeded to hang up on me. By this time I've been on the phone for nearly 4 hours and I ended up shelling out 500 dollars for a last minute flight for him. I finally reach a customer service representative who tells me they do not do refunds here and she was going to send me a voucher to my email ( that wasn't even the full price of the flight I paid). At this point I was sick of it and ended the call. I called back the next day and advised the customer service agent that frontieres coc says 20 minuets is all that is needed and she tells me that the gates closed at 1145 and that there was nothing she could do but I could submit a complaint online. I am kind of at wits ends of this whole thing but if I'm not wrong wouldn't this be involuntary denied boarding and shouldn't we have been compensated?
The fkigjt is F9552 on March 21st leaving at 1225 to Denver.

I appreciate all of your opinions and if I'm in the wrong please correct me! TIA