FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta / LATAM Partnership (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:46 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I did already email DL explaining just that. Since both the phone agent and the Twitter agent insisted this was LATAM's "policy" I didn't want to waste more time.
An update:
Got a call from a Delta rep today. She got LATAM to add my Skymiles # to the reservation, but she says the LATAM system doesn't recognize DL elite status, so it's unclear how I would get any benefits. But when I pulled up the reservation, it does seem to recognize it and allow me to pick a standard seat for free, and indicates I am allowed one checked bag for free as an elite. (LATAM+ seats are still showing a charge, despite supposedly free "Preferred" seating)
She says that she is following up with the person "in Atlanta" in charge of the LATAM partnership, but mentioned COVID and LATAM's bankruptcy as possible reasons why the benefits aren't as indicated. (???) My flight isn't til November so hopefully they will figure out this issue before then...

Last edited by Adam1222; Mar 23, 2021 at 6:51 pm