FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2021]
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:57 am
n8-the-gr8

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by benewr
I was supposed to fly to France direct from EWR yesterday.
3 hours before departure time my test result wasn’t in so I called to make a change to the today flight ewr-ord-cdg since no direct today.
I was asked 4,000$ extra with PZ, IN wide open. I asked for a complimentary change and the agent refused. She told me there wasn’t an exception for late test !
I told her I would therefore cancel the trip. She said “Ok and do you need a Hertz rental in Paris?” !

I went on the app, tried to check in, moved the flight to Saturday with a 9h layover in ORD, tried to check in that flight. Since ewr-ord was fairly full, they offered rebooking option, and I could book the one I wanted initially... at 0$.

What a lousy customer service !
I've had a few of these types of reps over the past 3 months or so. They mention GS in the call introduction so know they're talking to a GS customer, but do not seem to appreciate the subset of customers GS represent nor do they have the same level of training in terms of how to be accommodating.
Now you might say, this is the new normal and is how all GS reps are being told to handle GS calls, but that's not the case either. On a few other occasions I've had long-time GS reps (the ones sometimes mentioned by name here or in the course of conversation they mention how they train GS reps) and those folks offer the traditional service and accommodations I'm used to as GS.

I'm not sure if they've laid off or reassigned GS reps or are just expanding the pool of who they route GS to but there's definitely two very different experiences you can receive on the GS line (more so than before) based purely on luck of who's working and who picks up the phone.

Hanging up is the easy answer but what a waste of time...