FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:42 pm
mbmd

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hp12c
For my dates, it’s actually better to book the Prive third night free rate and just pay outright for the suite that upgrades into the plunge pool suite than it is to pay the standard rate and then add 9k points on top of it.

I haven’t looked into Ziva as I’m working under the assumption that it’s not as nice as Andaz (and of course lower quality than PH).

I agree with you that PH being a nicer resort doesn’t necessarily translate into being better for the kids. Frankly the only thing really keeping PH in the running is the plunge pool suite, but you’re right - maybe I should not worry about using a TSU at Andaz and just book into the plunge pool suite there.
If it is just you and your significant other, I'd say PH everyday of the week.

The cons for kids at the PH are the:
1. Food options (which is actually a huge pro if it is just you and your husband/wife as most of the food is more fine dining)
2. Lack of a substantial beach. I haven't been to the Andaz but a close friend stayed there in one of their upper tier suites (Andaz Large Suite) this past Jan as a globe and said the place was sort of dated with nothing really to write home about (their beach is also very meh).

As a data point for the PH, I booked a cash healthcare rate into the beachside suite as a globe at $189 a night (I know... crazy deal). Was then upgraded to the ocean view suite. Was offered the plunge pool suite for $200 additional per night but turned it down because occupancy was fairly low and it seemed kind of redundant when no one was at the regular pool that provided waiter/waitress service.