FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three linked PNR’s, 3 MCE seats together changed after booking (to merge)
Old Mar 21, 2021, 10:44 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Three linked PNR’s, 3 MCE seats together changed after booking (to merge)

Not sure why this happened and the agent I called to ask the same said there were no notes indicating why.

Booked 3 separate tickets for 3 of us for a domestic trip next week. At time of booking (after redeeming an assortment of flight credits and e-vouchers), our confirmation emails had us all in 9ABC on a 737-800.

I’m plat and my companions have no status, so the agent had to link us to get them in the MCE row with me.

Today when checking my reservation, I saw my seat moved to 8C(1st row of coach), one companion moved to 8F and 3rd companion to 16B?!

Our initial seats are now filled by other passengers. The agent was not sure how or why. She said there no notes in any of our records, and there was no equipment change. There were other non-MCE seats available with 3 next to each other, as well as both sides of one exit row, so we moved back to 17ABC. Not ideal because one of my companions doesn’t like exit rows.

Had we not learned of the seat changes until day of departure, we may not have found 3 together either.

I know seats are not guaranteed, and “stuff happens”. But considering the above info, any thoughts as to why? I don’t recall having my seat changed in so long I wouldn’t even remember.

She suggested I email customer service because she believed it was an error of some kind. Is it possible our original seats were moved for a VIP group of 3 they had to have 3 non bulkhead, non emergency row MCE seats? 😂