FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:33 am
FlY2XS

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
In the Toronto MLL yesterday and picked up a glass of wine and 2 of the water bottles, carried them all back to my seat and then a had a work issue i had to deal with so i was just sipping the wine. When i looked at my glass i realized there was red lipstick on the glass, I wasn't wearing lipstick
I called over the lady collecting glasses and showed her, she offered to get me another glass but I was grossed out and left.
I cant believe that in these days of over the top hygiene practices that AC cant wash glasses properly.
I wrote an email to the SE email customer care dept (still waiting for a response) but check the glasses if you are in a MLL
This is a fail that requires at least 2 people. The dishwasher and the server. Maybe even a porter who transports between the two. This is unforgivable in the current world, but I won't be too quick to blame the boots on the ground. It has been my experience travelling over the past year that despite reassurances that sanitary conditions are first priority, cleaning staff were the first to be let go and no longer to be found. Had a few almost week long stays at hotels where no one ever came in to clean; to reduce Covid exposure of course, but in reality, the level of cleanliness when we arrived was not up to the standards we were used to, so I am not sure that was the only motivator.
Used napkins and even gum stuffed into sleeves or cubbies in J for my family to find certainly made me less convinced that the CleanCare + wasn't quite working either. As usual, the lazy "We sprayed everything with a cleaner thingy" isn't very effective or reassuring.

Last edited by FlY2XS; Mar 21, 2021 at 12:40 am