FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Seoul [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2004, 4:13 am
hyunja

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Smile Seoul Marriott - Great stay as a Gold, this time

Just wanted to let you know about the recent stay at the Seoul Marriott. I stayed for three nights total, two nights followed by another night before flying out, and the staff treated me like a king. They had my portfolio and the selected room ready when I checked in. The check-in lasted may be a minute and I was on my way to my room on the elite floor looking out the south side of the town. They had a welcome note from the manager with a welcome plate containing an orange, a banana and four cookies, (yum, yum) as well as two complimentary bottles of water, excellent since I was really thirsty.
A visit to the Concierge lounge the next morning to arrange for a self-guided tour of Seould was welcomed by a desk staff who was willing to do all he can to please me. I informed him of few places I wanted to visit in the few hours I had and he even added few of his own. He even suggested an out-of-the-way restaurant to get the feel of the town before I continued on in the afternoon.
When I returned that afternoon and stepped into the lounge, he asked how the visit had been into the town. It couldn't have been better to get the feel of the town. This was much better than the daily city tour that you can go on.
All of my previous stays, two three day stays in Oct. 2000 (month after they opened) and another three day stay in Oct. 2003, were as good as this one but this one was better with the help of the concierge staff. All you need to do is ask! All of the first three stays were in a room facing the south side of the city, so I asked for the north view for the one night stay before my departure and they came through.
Of course, this is in addition to all of the other benefits like the pool, spa and workout area that was maintained in a tip-top condition.
If anyone is thinking about choosing from three of the Marriott properties, I would highly recommend the full Marriott.

HJ