FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unique FFC Situation Advice Wanted (Have FFC but not longer employed by purchaser)
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:26 pm
smartcookie

Originally Posted by Often1
Presumably OP had a manager / supervisor and that person has a manager/supervisor and so on.

Even at a Fortune 10, one must have reported to someone. If I did not know who to contact, that is who I would contact and ask them to approve or at least supply the name of the person who can.

Who would OP have asked if they needed something when they worked there?
My manager is useless. I usually inform them of the corporate policies. The head of the department is also useless. They never book their own travel. They will just shrug and ask if HR knows. HR is generally also useless and ignores most emails, but I guess that might work in my favor. Since they've had a lot of layoffs in the last year, maybe there is an actual policy for this in place somewhere. Or she'll ignore it and I'll be fine either way.

I just emailed HR.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
All the better it gets lost.
Sent a letter to your previous supervisor and cc HR -- stating unless otherwise directed, you will be using these credits. Active / actual notice -- while the company could still try to recover the funds, you have protected yourself accusations of theft.
I'm afraid it might sound presumptuous phrased this way. I did just email HR and asked if there is policy for this or if I can use it for personal travel. Let's see if she responds.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 17, 2021 at 2:38 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member