FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions: Scandinavia on Points
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:20 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by delpiero223
I recently discovered that many hotels in Scandinavia are showing as "booked out" when trying to book an award night.

This included the following hotels, that used to have wide open availabilities when I cheacked in 2019 and 2020:
- Clarion Collection Temperance, Malmö
- Comfort Hotel Malmö
- Clarion Collection Havnekontoret, Bergen
- Funken Lodge, Longyearbyen

I checked multiple dates for spring 2020 and could not find a single date with availability for these hotels. Unfortunately I still have a pile of Choice points due to cancellations in 2020, but almost every nice redemption opportunity has disappeard now.
The Comfort Hotel Malmo is currently available using Choice US program points for stays checking out until March 21st, but the rest of those are not available any longer.

This could be related to a hotel award night repricing coming up. After a rather long time, Choice has suddenly raised the cost of using the cash+points redemption path, and I've noticed it hitting the Nordic Choice properties that are available using Choice US points. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue may be on the US-side.

That said, this kind of "sold out" thing with many Nordic Choice properties when trying to use Choice US points has happened before a few times (when the hotels were definitely anything but sold out using Nordic Choice Club points or "cash" rates). And then it gets fixed.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 17, 2021 at 5:34 am