FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two-Wheeled Carry-on/Rollaboard Recs
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:09 pm
HaleiwaFlyer
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aww3583
Any recs for a two-wheeled carry-on? Random list of considerations below.

1. Love the concept of the B&R Domestic Carry-On Two Wheel. I grabbed on one Amazon last year when they were half off. I sent it back when I realized the suiter in the lid wasn’t removable and ate up a ton of space. If it was missing that one feature, it would be the perfect bag. I don’t carry suits or clothes on hangers on any trip.

2. No 4-wheel swivels. No auxiliary batteries, smart features, etc.

3. Prefer soft side, but hard side is acceptable. 90% of my travel is road warrior in and out of hotels. 80-100 nights per year, less than 10 flights.

4. Tumi only sells 4-wheeled bags.

5. A warranty would be nice if the price point is higher. For the last 8 years, my method has been to purchase an entry level Samsonite at an outlet and discard it when the wheel/zipper fails. I’ve gone through 4-5 bags.

Edit: thoughts on the B&R Commuter series?
Have you checked out TravelPro Crew Expert or their Platinum line - two wheeled options. I currently use the TravelPro Crew Expert (larger of the two versions) and the B&R Domestic Baseline, and hands down, I gravitate using the TravelPro for all of my trips.

The CrewExpert has a 5 year warranty, and does have a non-removable suiter. The platinum line has a lifetime warranty. Both don't meet all of your criteria, but would recommend looking into them.

Last edited by HaleiwaFlyer; Mar 16, 2021 at 3:17 pm