FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unaccompanied Child during Covid
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:06 am
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
This is hardly a good idea.

Unless a miracle happen, most of the CX flights scheduled for June are placeholders. They won't happen.
Your best chance is to look at flights that are currently operating as an indication for the future. Remember that CX is currently flying 1% of its pre-covid traffic and under severe constraints for its crew. It is unlikely to vastly improve in 3 months.

Planning transiting, weeks/months ahead is not a good idea. So many bad things can happen with cancelled flights..I would not like an 11 year old be stuck at HK airport for a day or more. And you know the problems with SYD arrival caps in case she misses her connection.
If she really needs to travel, I suggest that you only consider a direct flight..
The grandma will be entering quarantine with her in SYD. All of the direct flights at the moment are around 50K CNY and very hard to get.

Is there a lot of on spot cancellation with CX now? I mean, the PVG-HKG flight is only few hours ahead of HKG-SYD flight, is it normal now for CX to cancel flights just few hours before schedule?

Originally Posted by patrickw
UM service is currently only possible if it's a direct flight for CX and I don't see it being resumed in near future given all the changing requirements.
Thanks for letting me know.