FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:39 am
Random Task

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Random Task.

I wouldn't take much for granted here. In a sense I can see why a 789 would run from DFW, but in reality this is more obviously a 777 route. But equally it could go A350. Unless the flight was in the next few days I don't think you can rely on it being a 789. Now for the core question, and assuming it is a 789, then in First you could either have a whole row or have the 4 seats on one aisle. With 2 youngsters I'm not sure either works very easily but the third option is to take both pair of middle seats and have one adult, one child on each pair. I'm not convinced this will work very well, not least if there are any other passengers looking to keep a pair together. In old style CW it may be a bit easier by taking the middle 3 seats plus one over the aisle, that way you could perhaps use the middle-middle seat as the creche for the youngsters.

In a way old style B777 would be easier in CW since these have a centre block of 4 seats, so the middle-middle would be perfect for the children.
We have always flown club or first in the old 747 (still love the queen) and indeed the 777 layout and preferred the club cabin for those two middle seats at the back of the cabin, along with one of the aisle seats next to it. It was perfect for the family, and even with the new baby, that position would be still ideal due to the bassinet placement there.

We have not flown in the updated cabins yet, but looking at flight history on this route they have been using the 789 pretty much exclusively for the last three months. As you say that may change come the summer. Anyway, we have decided to book the club world cabin and see what happens, if we get the new Club design with the addition of the suite doors, my wife is hoping center cabin location will allow baby to sleep better than by the toilets where the bassinet positions are.