FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immunity passport [Merged thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:11 pm
i0wnj00

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
Originally Posted by carmine10
At first glance, the immunity passport may seem like a useful tool to combat Covid-19 and facilitate travel, but if we think about it, it would reinforce the state of surveillance we are already subject to and diminish our privacy.
We will be more and more monitored!
Privacy? It's not like we have much of it once we leave our homes. Once we leave our homes we pretty much have to prove who we say we are or be monitored. When we go to the airport, when we enter/leave our cars in the parking garage/lot, a camera snaps a picture of the license plate. Once you step into one, you have cameras, security and law enforcement watching over. When airline services are rendered, we need to show ID at the front counter, pass through security, take a "sneak peek" inside our bags, and maybe on our way to board our flight.

If you purchase an ticket, then its likely governments will find out depending how well organized they are in getting this information.

Other than those who live a simple lifestyle without the comforts of modern conveniences, the rest of us don't have much in terms of privacy. We have already traded privacy for modern conveniences, ease of availability and access to scare resources.

Last edited by i0wnj00; Mar 9, 2021 at 4:18 pm