FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]
Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:13 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Skuldy
I currently have a Category 5 voucher from the old travel packages that was converted to the new packages. It is set to expire in August of this year so i'm looking at possibilities for bookings. I know Marriott introduced the off-peak points pricing recently. For my specific property, I noticed i'm getting a PointSaver rate of 35k for Mon-Thursday and 45k for Friday--Sunday. The total point value is 240k for 7 nights (it appears to taking off one night for the fifth free night on the website). Based on this, I don't believe there is anyway to use a Category 5 voucher to book a Category 6 hotel through some method. However, I just want to confirm if there isn't some way to make this work through Marriott.
The TP certs restrict you to category level, unlike the credit card free night certs that restrict you to 35K (or 50K pts). So you can use the TP certs at peak times as long as you choose the category you purchased. The 35K free night certs cannot be used at a cat 5 property at peak times. However the 40K cert (75 night choice benefit) can be used at a cat 6 off peak. Hope that makes sense.